Neurological physiotherapy is physiotherapy for patients who have neurological conditions and injuries. This can include impairments of the brain, spinal cord, or peripheral nerves. Individualized programs are designed to restore movement, physical abilities and promote participation. Treatments are goal-directed and may include specific manual handling to guide movement, task specific training, gait and balance training, supervised activity conditioning, and bracing/splinting recommendations.
The neurophysiotherapist analyses the problems that result from a neurological disorder and implements targeted treatment to improve functional movement, helping you to reach your activity goals.
Neurophysiotherapy can help:
- Re-learn movement patterns
- Facilitate the recovery of balance, sitting, standing, and walking
- Stimulate hand movement and help regain arm movement
- Assess the need for walking aids and mobility devices
- People to return to activities they love
[ Back to Services ]