Rushing injured players back to the field when a concussion occurs can have devastating consequences. Now there are research based guidelines to assist your physician, physical therapist or athletic trainer in making safe return to play determinations. The following are resources we’ve gathered on concussion management and guidelines for post-concussion management. If you have questions or need additional information on concussion management, please feel free to call us.
- Pediatric sports-related concussion (Abstract)
- Emergency department visits for concussion in young child athletes
- Current issues in pediatric sports concussion (text)
- Current issues in pediatric sports concussion (PDF)
- Sport-Related Concussion in Children and Adolescents (PDF)
- Contributions of neuroimaging, balance testing, electrophysiology and blood markers to the assessment of sport-related concussion (Abstract)
- Management of Sports-Related Concussion in Children and Adolescents
- Active rehabilitation for children who are slow to recover following sport-related concussion (Abstract)
- Sport Concussion Assessment Tool 3 (SCAT3) (PDF)
- Guidelines for Post-Concussion Management (PDF)
- Sport-related concussion: Information for parents, coaches and trainers
If you want read more about concussion, visit our concussion information page!